Resort Activities at Timber Bay Lodge, Ely, Minnesota
A Minnesota Resort located on beautiful Birch lake, MN, Timber Bay lodge offers resort activities for the whole family from swimming, canoeing and kayaking to hiking, biking and lawn games. Nearby, our guests will find great golf, shopping and dining and renowned attractions like the BWCA, International Wolf Center and North American Bear Center.
- Swimming, water skiing, canoeing, and kayaking are just some of the waterfront activities at our fine sand beach. Supervised during the afternoon swimming hours, the beach is safe for swimmers of all ages. Paddle boards are also now available for rent. Enjoy your inner peace with a paddle around the islands
- Fish for trophy walleyes, northern and crappies along the many miles of unspoiled shoreline, rugged islands, and deep bays of beautiful 20 mile long Birch Lake. Rental boats and motors, gas, bait, and tackle can be purchased at the resort. Experienced fishing guides are available upon request.
- Children’s Activities Our full time children’s activities director organizes nature and craft activities, picnics and hikes each weekday morning for children ages 5 to 12 leaving the parents free time to golf, fish, shop, or just plain relax.
- Naturalist Activities Naturalist program includes hikes, videos on wild birds and animals, star gazing, and early morning canoe trips. Enjoy a story, a hike, or a video about Northern Minnesota.
- Hike the many trails that wind through the beautiful Norway Pine forest that surrounds Timber Bay.
- Bike the paved trails through the woods from Timber Bay to Babbitt or the public beach. Bicycles are available at the resort at no charge.
- Game room in the trading post features free ping-pong, pool, and foosball and juke box for the teenagers. Evening activities include cookouts and campfires.
- Other outdoor activities include volleyball, basketball, horseshoes, shuffleboard and archery.
- Our traditional Friday night BBQ and bonfire way to end your week at Timber Bay.